ISO 17020:2012, Inspection Bodies Management System
ISO 17020, entitled “General Criteria for the Operation of Various Types of Bodies Performing Inspection”, is an internationally recognized standard for the competence of inspection bodies. ISO 17020 should not be confused with ISO 9001, which is specific to quality management systems. ISO 9001 does not require evaluation of the technical competence of an inspection body and it should not be regarded as an 'acceptable' alternative to ISO 17020.
The requirements of ISO 17020 are contained in 14 major sections including:
- Administrative requirements
- Requirements for independence, impartiality, and integrity
- Organization and management
- Quality system
- Facilities and equipment
- Inspection methods and procedures
- Handling of inspection samples and items
- Control of records
- Inspection reports and inspection certificates
- Complaints and appeals
- Cooperation with other inspection bodies
To Download ISO Standard Technical Proposals, You are requested to fill the form above. A download link will appear after submitting form . Please contact Global Solutions and Resource Management team for financial proposal. Thank you for visiting us.